Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Some people use heroine....

....I upgrade my camera at least once a year. Not quite as expensive but probably it still could be ranked as compulsive behavior. I've now got the Fuji Finepix s6500FD (click here to view the webpage), which is Fuji's new camera with Face Detection technology (at the flick of a button it recognises when you are pointing at a person's face and automatically adjusts the exposure/focus to suit) which I've yet to remember to turn on so I don't know how good that feature is, but the first big improvement I have seen is that the virtual ISO setting now goes down to 3200 (so it can take pictures in even less light) and the exposure time can go up to 4 seconds (again allowing you to take pictures in even less light). To illustrate take a look at a couple of cave photos. One is taken with my previous camera in caves on the Lassithi plateau in Crete in Spring 2006 and the other over Christmas with the new camera in the caves at Nerja in Spain. I'll leave you to guess which is which... needless to say - I like my new toy!

1 comment:

GreedyGreen said...

The other nice features that "forced" me to buy this camera are things like a manual, twist the lens barrel zoom rather than electric buttons - easier to use, more precise and saves the batteries. The usual stuff that was on my old camera is still there like 10x optical zoom which is the equivalent of having a 28-300mm zoom on a normal 35mm SLA camera - very usefull for getting good shots of animals where you can't get to close.